You can now binge on pizza without worrying about the calories. How? Trade yer dough for watermelon.
Watermelon pizza has been getting a lot of attention these days. Instead of regular pizza made of dough, cheese, and meat, this one is made of watermelon, berries, cream cheese, toasted coconuts, and more. Not only is this some really good, healthy stuff, it’s very instagrammable as well!
If you want to re-create this amazing dessert, keep on reading.
Prepare these ingredients:
- watermelon pizza slice, 1″ thick
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- fresh berries
- fresh mint
- toasted coconut
how to cut watermelon into pizza slices
- Cut the watermelon into a circle first! Slice horizontally from the center and get at least an inch thick of a watermelon circle. Think of it like a big thick coin.
- Lay the watermelon circle flat and start slicing pizza triangles from it.
- The best way to have the perfect slices from watermelons is to slice the pizza triangles one by one. So make sure to find the center and make it as your guide.
- Get a small bowl and combine cream cheese, ricotta, honey, and vanilla.
- Spread mixture on your watermelon pizza slices.
- Top it with fresh berries and toasted coconuts. (Go crazy with the berries if you want.)
- Lastly, garnish pizza with mint leaves and serve.
It’s a healthy and easy-to-make alternative to your pizza cravings. Don’t forget to Instagram it! And please tag us!
Alternatively, if this snack’s too much work for you, you can always order food you love with foodora.